architects: Szabó Levente DLA, Hetedik Műterem Kft., Gyulovics István, Kovács Zsófia
The semi-detached house standing on the hillside of Sashegy was designed by Farkas Molnár in 1938. A backyard living unit and a linking corridor was added in the course of its extension to the beautifully proportioned house in 1956. The building boom of the ’90s may have destroyed the elegant railing of the terrace on the street facade and completed the rooftop terrace with its staircase. We were commissioned by the new owners to keep the reach of the rooftop and redesign the house according to its importance in the history of architecture.